Sunday, January 23, 2011

Greetings from Brown University

Sorry for the late response. These past weeks have been especially hectic with midterms finishing and finals creeping up. I think it's an accurate depiction of how one gets swept away by a laundry list of responsibilities and such, especially in the first semester.

I love Brown. I'm in love with this school and I am super sure that this is the place for me. I have no regrets about my decision. This past semester has been really different and interesting. It's a lot of freedom, lots of responsibilities.

It's been an experience just getting use to classes and the dorm situation. The class format is different and this semester has been a lesson on balancing priorities. You just learn a lot about doing what you love and not what is necessarily required of you. I continued with piano here and I'm loving it. I'm doing ultimate frisbee this semester and I really liked it. In a way, it feels like high school because you're always on the go, always doing something, but here you have a lot more freedom to do what you want.

If there is anybody that is seriously considering Brown, please send them my way! I have a million other things that I would love to tell the seniors. If anybody is applying to Brown, please let me know because I would love to talk to them. And of course, if anybody wants to visit, they'll always have a place to stay!

Cynthis Fong

No comments:

Post a Comment