Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ramiah Davis-Shephard - Hercules High School

I just wanted to comment on how this program allegedly only helps a few people in the district. Well, look at how many people have responded to this accusation. The many beautiful student testimonies have exemplified how much of an effect the ILC has on individuals, but I just wanted to point out how many individuals it has, in fact, helped.

This is one thing that I love about the Ivy League Connection. I know that as I get ready to go to Cornell this summer I have two peers to study with; but we also have Theresa Burger, Jeannie Wu, and all of the other previous Ivy Leaguers. The ILC is an alliance of exceptional students and adults who can, will, and are helping us to succeed. The ILC is an inspiration; a goal. It is indispensable in so many aspects and, I believe, based on the testimonies of the Ivy Leaguers, that we will stand together and support the Ivy League Connection. We will defend it from any false accusations, and we will do our best to continually enrich it, as it grows and touches the lives of students in the West Contra Costa Unified School District for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment