Monday, March 30, 2009

Gina Saechao -- Richmond High School

I believe that the Ivy League Connection is a very beneficial program to the school district. Without it, I wouldn't have gotten the chance to go to Brown University last summer. I feel that the only reasons most students choose UC's is because of the fact that they aren't exposed to schools in the East Coast, therefore they know nothing about those schools. The Ivy League Connection is giving students the chance to experience schools on the East Coast and giving them a perspective of the college life. I used to be one of those students who thought that I'd just go to a UC, but being able to go to Brown opened up my eyes to the fact that there are other colleges out there!

The ILC gave me the opportunity to get out of my comfort zone and explore my horizons. It is an important program to our community and district; the students who participate come back as leaders, ready to help students learn and achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment